Tuesday, May 17, 2011

psyco-craftsman

 Attention to detail is the first thing to go when rushed. Some things just take time to accomplish correctly.
   I understand that premise, however periodically disregard my own rules. Usually due to the customer breathing down my neck to produce. Granted, I've gotten quicker over the years (without loosing quality) although when I keep getting pushed, inevitably somethings lost in the haste.
   Perhaps the answer is not in getting quicker, but learning to handle the impatience of the "want it yesterday" crowd. Maybe I should develop my psychology skills to ease off the pressure. Looks like a trip to the Amazon book store is in my future.
   There must be a way to get thing done without making costly mistakes. I suppose exploring options is the first step. I just wish folks could understand that I am not a machine or even a factory that pumps items out to stuff 12 foot high shelves. I am a craftsman creating one sign at a time. The patient people defiantly benefit.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment