Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Old Dog, Old Tricks

   Approximately 28 years ago, I learned how to plot provided points onto a home made grid with the intent drawing some sort of silly cartoon character. Who knew that there was actually some validity to that exercise rather than a middle school afternoon time filler. I was able to apply it to my work in effect further my existence.
   I pride myself upon having a full bag of tricks. It's necessary to constantly compile techniques and information if I want to stay competitive while working with many varieties of media and materials. Who knows when I will need to reach into that bag. It's just been a while since I've had to reach that deep down.
   The purpose behind this method is to take a small graphic and make it larger. In this case I'm able to use the computer to scale up the artwork then build the grid over it. Once I accomplished that I was able to precisely pinpoint the location of a series of arks that create the majority of the perimeter of the drawing.
   I can't help to be profoundly hopeful of the success of this project. Thank you to my 6th grade teacher for introducing my to graph paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment