Monday, June 20, 2011

Gardening in mourning

   It seems that due to blatant neglect of any common sense by the neighbouring field's tractor operator, all of my plants in my garden have been destroyed. Apparently when you back the spray rig up to the edge of the field, which happens to be 10' away from my garden, and blast the Roundup weed killer wide open, it tends to have ill effects on tender young plants.
   I realize that they have their own agenda and time schedule, but some curtsey would be appreciated. The home owner here actually witnessed the event, so they could have warned us of what was to take place.
   I personally raised those plants from seed starting several months ago. Many of them were exotic strains of peppers which cannot be replaced even if I were able to receive compensation. My hopes of a fruitful season are sadly over. All I can do is learn from the mistakes and perhaps post some signs next year stating the obvious: DON'T SPRAY MY GARDEN WITH HERBICIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment