Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Mold & The Molding


The Mold Tamer cruiser is destined to be a real head turner.

John Polito from Polito Home Inspections Inc. approached me a couple weeks ago about his retired Mt. Morris Police car. His new business, The Mold Tamer, and that old cruiser, seemed like a perfect fit to go a little wild with.
 Working with a small gif image from his site, www.moldtamer.com I was able to dig up and tweak a couple of images that fit the bill. I then mashed them up with a shield and a "tech" type style to finish the look. With a stellar graphic produced to my specs perfectly from SpeedPro Printing, I was able to quickly assemble the advertising. Prepping the rig is another story...


There were thick plastic bumpers on all four doors obstructing the workable area. Normally
moldings are stuck on using an automotive
grade double stick tape. Apparently they used what ever they had laying around to re-
adhere the loosened appendages. Let's just
say- the adhesive was a bear to remove, taking me several hours and a trip to the spray-n-wash to clean it up. Thankfully I was pumped up with excited anticipation for the final product to let that get me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment