Sunday, April 22, 2012

Semper Fi - Pie In The Sky

Good Gracious- I'm proud to be an American!
It's the land of freedom and prosperity.
A place where one can forge off on one's own and make a living doing such fun things (like this project) and get actually get paid for it.
Our local Marines recruiting office was recently remodeled by a friend of mine. He also owns the building in which the office is located. I was honored that he thought of me to help him to fulfill the requirements of his tenants- The US Marines!
I must admit, it was a bit of a challenge to acquire the proper paint colors necessary. All I was provided was a PMS color number, which is mainly for inks. Fortunately I had an insider at a local print house who had the PSM color chip book. I was able to borrow it for a few hours so my local Sherwin-Williams could electronically reproduce the two colors. Problem solved. Oddly, the "silver" and "gold" were very similar. Not for me to judge though. I just do what I'm asked to do as well as I can, and I feel satisfied with the outcome- and most importantly- so was the customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment